Why a special recipe for World Breastfeeding Week?
World Breastfeeding Week is an opportunity to highlight the challenges and joys of breastfeeding. On this occasion, we share with you a recipe based on essential oils to support milk production.
What essential oils do we recommend and why?
For our recipe, we chose four essential oils:
- Fennel , which is known to support breast milk production.
- Lavender , known for its soothing and relaxing properties.
- Clary Sage , which helps balance hormones.
- Basil , which can promote lactation.
How to prepare and use our recipe for essential oils for breastfeeding?
- Choose 2 of the essential oils presented above and add 5 to 7 drops of each in a container with a roll-on applicator.
- Fill the rest of the bottle with fractionated coconut oil.
Apply the mixture to your chest and massage gently several times a day. It is also possible to apply this mixture to the soles of the feet in the morning and evening before going to bed.
Why apply the mixture to the chest and soles of the feet?
Applying essential oils to the chest allows local diffusion of the benefits. The soles of the feet, on the other hand, are a very absorbent area, which allows these oils to penetrate your body quickly.
💡 Tip: Avoid Peppermint essential oil, as it could reduce milk production.
How to make the breastfeeding experience more relaxing?
Remember the importance of rest in the breastfeeding process. To help you relax and sleep peacefully, try our “Good Night” spray recipe. You can find it [here]
Take advantage of this World Breastfeeding Week to take care of yourself and your baby. Please give us your comments and share this article with other mothers and mothers-to-be. We hope our essential oil recipe helps you have a positive and enriching breastfeeding experience. Happy World Breastfeeding Week everyone!